The Biology Advisors believe that we are partners with our students. Together we embark on an educational journey in which we are the navigators and students are the drivers. We educate our students on pathways to degrees. We expose our students to strategies, tools and resources that support their progress. We offer enhancement opportunities by connecting the students with their department and other resources.
WE ADVISE, YOU DECIDE! We do not choose for our students. You make all final decisions, but we are here to support you in whatever way we can.
Your Biology Advisors:
We ask that you schedule a 30-minute appointment through LoboAchieve to talk with us. Unfortunately, we cannot currently accommodate walk-in appointments.
Please indicate the following in your appointment request:
- Method of Appointment
- Zoom (preferred) - We recommend that you download Zoom. Your advisor will send a Zoom link to your UNM email prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Phone Call - Provide your phone number. Your advisor will call this number at your scheduled appointment time, from a blocked number.
- In-Person - Please wait in the courtyard outside of the basement in Castetter. Please use the mobile check in through LoboAchieve.unm.edu when you arrive for your appointment. We will meet you outside. If you have any accessibility concerns, you can email us at: email@example.com and we will meet you upstairs and outside.
- Reason for Appointment
Please provide a brief explanation of your reasons for visiting your advisor. This might be something like:
- Holds on account
- Class schedule
- Registration questions
- Any other reason you might need to see your advisor
Questions about your classes?
Contact your instructor or TA for any questions relating to specific courses you are taking, including if there will be a virtual component and any expectations around that.
How to check for holds
Biology Degree Planning
Workshops and Department Orientations
- Online versions of the Graduation Planning Workshop and New Student Learning Workshop with accompanying instructions will be sent to your UNM email.
- Your advisor will email you regarding your Department Orientation when it becomes available. You will see an associated hold on your account.